This healthy Honey Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe is created by your local Vancouver Dietitian!
I love incorporating Meatme products into my meal prep routine, because Meatme works with farmers who have the highest animal welfare standards and don't use any antibiotics, hormones or chemicals. Not only can you feel good about their transparent farm-to-fork practices, you can also feel good that their ethically sourced meats have better nutrition profiles compared to corporate, large scale animal products. Sustainably raised meats generally contain higher amounts of anti-inflammatory omega 3's, lower levels of saturated fats, and higher levels of antioxidants. Not to mention animal products are also excellent sources of protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins!
- Cut chicken breast into 1" chunks. Pat chicken to dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, pepper, and 2 tsp of garlic powder. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce: in a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, honey, soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and garlic powder. In a separate small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Once cornstarch is fully dissolved, whisk the cornstarch mixture into the honey garlic sauce mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron pan on medium-high with 3 tbsp of high smoke point oil (ex. avocado or grapeseed oil). Once hot, add the pieces of seasoned chicken breast and sear for about 4 minutes (try not to stir the chicken too much to allow a nice browning to occur). Near the end of searing the chicken, add the minced garlic cloves.
- Once seared, lower the temperature to low-medium and stir in honey garlic sauce. Coat every piece of chicken with the sauce, and continue stirring for about 3-4 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Enjoy on a bed of rice and vegetables, or with a fresh summer salad. Make sure you spoon extra sauce onto the chicken once served! Enjoy!