Check out this amazing Spiced Chicken Breast Wrap recipe by our friend Sonal using Lentelus farms' pasture raised chicken breasts!
Let’s eat Spiced Chicken Breast Wraps!
I feel like we all need to be reminded that chicken breasts does not have to be as boring as it seems. The notorious meat for easily being overcooked and dry can be one of the most versatile meal time saviours if you simply take a couple of easy steps and plan ahead. It was the very first meat I ever cooked so it does have a special place in my heart. I think that's why I always like to give it a chance and let it be the blank canvas to any great meal idea.
Using Meatme for your meat takes the first easy step off your hands by saving a trip to the grocery store and allowing you to order your meats individually packaged and ready to go right to your door. While you're shopping their website you can always check out where your meat is coming from, meet the Farmers, and just feel good you're supporting local. These farming families take pride in raising livestock with full transparency of their intentions.
My spiced chicken breast wrap is representative of our family in so many ways. For one thing, we love when a meal can easily be handed out and eaten while standing and on the go. It's no secret that we love our picnics and to eat outdoors so these wraps make it easy to prep in advance and pack individually.
That really is the beauty of chicken breast. Using bone-in chicken breast, I think, is much better even though the cooking time can be longer. Prep by quickly patting the chicken dry, drizzle with oil and seasoning before baking. That's it!
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- 1 bone in chicken breast
- 1/2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup hummus any flavor, store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 persian cucumber sliced. Any cucumber will do
- Fresh lemon to taste
- 1/2 cup flat leaf Italian parsley rough chop
- 4 lacha paratha cooked and warmed for rolling or folding. Naan, pita, or tortillas will also work
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Mix pumpkin spice, curry powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Pat the bone-in chicken breast dry, drizzle with oil, and season with salt. Rub spices all over chicken breast.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Without opening the oven door, turn temperature down to 375F after 15 minutes and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Broil on high while watching carefully for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the chicken or shred it off the bone.
- To assemble take cooked paratha (or flat bread of choice) and spread hummus over top. Add chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, parsley, and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice. Roll and enjoy!