- 1 piece Meatme Pork Belly
- 2 tablespoons oil of your choice
- Salt (as needed)
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 star anis
Such an easy recipe that will make you look like a pro!
- Brush the pork belly with a little oil and evenly season with salt.
- Place the pork belly on an oven grate with water in the bottom of the tray.
- Place in oven at 320F for 2-3 hours.
- While the pork belly is cooking, mix the honey, vinegar, and star anise over the stove on medium heat to make the glaze.
- The glaze should reduce down to half, or until it's thick. Then let it cool. When the honey cools it will be very thick so reduce to less than you think.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes. You should have a nice, golden crackling.
- Brush the honey glaze over the pork belly.
- Feel free to use the water/drippings from the grate as well!
- Please watch this video for a full explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNGoGb8ykw
By Trevor Bird
Chef & owner at Fable Kitchen & Fable Diner