Pork shoulder roast is a cut of well-marbled meat that comes from the top portion of the front leg of the hog. Perfect for slow cooking for really tender meat, like pulled pork.
- Free-range Berkshire, a heritage breed
- No antibiotics or hormones used
- Feed: nuts, overflow produce, local hay and alfalfa
- Vacuum packed + flash frozen
- Cooking time: Aim for about 180°F internal temperature. That will be about 40 minutes per pound at 300°F.
- Footprint: average 120 km from Farm to Vancouver
Giesbrecht Farm | Aldergrove, BC
Besides the high quality of pork, we have selected this farm because:
- Their Hogs live in spacious barns and on natural pasture
- Their Hogs get fed healthy & locally sources feed
- The farmer (Brian, see above) values high integrity and loyalty