Wild BC Spot Prawns
1 x portion of Wild BC Spot Prawns (1kg box)
This sustainably-caught Wild BC Spot Prawns, also known as Amaebi (Sweet Shrimp) are found only on our West Coast shores. They are a treasured delicacy that are enjoyed in restaurants around the world. They are especially sought after by Japanese sushi bars because BC Spot Prawns have a distinct sweet taste and firm texture, unlike any other prawn.
- Catch method: longline
- Flash frozen, guaranteed freshness
- Footprint: This catch method has one of the lowest bycatch rates
- Certified Ocean Wise
Walcan Seafood | Quadra Island, BC
photo source: http://www.quadraislandtourism.ca/media/
Besides the high quality of their spot prawns, we have selected this fishery because:
- They are committed to freshness, quality and service.
- They believe strongly in their community and employ over 100 local Quadra Island residents.
- Walcan Seafood is a proud partner of Ocean Wise